Tuesday 20 October 2009

Three Steps to Heaven - Pam Howes

Book Details

Country: UK
Language: English
Genre: Modern Fiction
Publisher: New Generation Publishing
Publication Date: 2009


Fictional Artist: The Raiders
Genre: Pop, Rock
Country: UK
Real World Analogue: I was able to ask Pam about the influences for her novels. "I guess the Beatles and most groups of that time are my influence for The Raiders," she told me. "I worked in my local record store in the sixties and met loads of young lads who aspired to be in groups. So a little bit of them and their lives mixed with the ones who became famous certainly inspired me."

Jacket Blurb
It's the 1960's and Eddie Mellor is unhappy in his shotgun marriage; hates his boring factory job and is not unduly bothered when he is sacked. His young son Jonny, and his dreams of becoming a famous rock drummer with The Raiders, a career he was forced to shelve when he married Angie, are the two things that keep him going. But Eddie's luck is about to change for the better... Three Steps to Heaven is the first novel in a trilogy spanning forty years and the lives and loves of the Mellor and Cantello families.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment on the blog!

To prevent spam I review all comments before publishing, and endeavour to do so within a couple of days of posting.